Thursday, December 15, 2011

Em Casa

Rain out today so I did this one in house.  Yesterday was a 20 min. AMRAP with weighlifting and gymnastics but still had my heart and lungs working.  Today I wanted the workout a little shorter with some speed and power movements.
Warm-up
L-sit progression 3x12
M.B Clean 2x 10
PVC passthrough 2x12
Standing Leg Kick 2x12

Workout
3 Rounds for time:
20 Burpees
20 Inverted Burpees

12:39

Stretch and foam roll.

Worked on explosive kip for reg burpee.  Inverted burpee is a kip or sit-up to the bottom of a squat then kick up to a handstand.  I like the inverted burpee a lot.  This is the second time I have tried it.  Make sure you utilize the hollow position in this workout, especially for handstand work.  Inverted burpees require strong shoulders and stable midline, message for subs.

1 comment:

  1. Killer!

    Sam: 12:55

    Come on people let's support Matt's good work here and get some times posted up!

    ReplyDelete